Episode 24: Try This Pod
In Episode 24, Greg and Joey talk about fiber events, shawls, and shaving.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Kino (aka Mary) gave Greg a copy of Caius, her newest sweater pattern, which she thought he might enjoy knitting for Blueberry. Greg is hoping to cast on soon. We’re going to give a copy of the pattern!
- Ravelry Goings-On
- #TryPod — Encourage your friends to try a new-to-them podcast. We encourage you to recommend our podcast! Use the #TryPodABitLate hashtag when you talk about this on social media.
- Joey continues to talk about not working on a scarf for his son.
- Greg is working on his Halcyarn Socks (project page). First sock is complete, and he’s about 50% done with the foot of the second sock. He’s hoping to move this to FO by the next time we record. He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn. Yarn is custom-dyed by Dr. Kelly from the Ewe University podcast.
- Greg knitted a Knitted Travel Mug Kit, pattern by Knits4Comfort. He highly recommends the kit, which is available in Jenn’s etsy shop.
- Greg knitted an In Threes (project page) by Kelly Herdrich for an upcoming baby shower. He loves this pattern, it makes a great baby gift. He knitted it in Twist Fiber Studio Haywood Worsted in the “Girl At The Rock Show” colorway.
- Podcasts We Mention
- We’re getting ready for the County Fair KAL. Prize contributions are coming in:
- Carolina FiberFest. Greg attended the Carolina FiberFest in Raleigh, NC and had a great time.
- SAFF — October 27-29, 2017. Greg is planning on attending.
- Ol’ North State Knitting Guild — Greg is scheduled to speak at the September 11, 2017 meeting.
- TV Time With Joey
- The Americans. Joey shared that the current season airing on F/X will not be the final season! There was much rejoicing.