Episode 26: Before The Injury…
In Episode 26, Greg and Joey talk about swatching, injuries, and sailors.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Joey describes a hand injury that has kept him from making good progress on his fiber projects.
- Joey has been swatching in Tunisian Crochet. He is being mightily encouraged by Twinset Ellen of the Twinset Designs podcast.
- Greg finished his Halcyarn Socks (project page). He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn. Yarn is custom-dyed by Dr. Kelly from the Ewe University podcast.
- Greg is working on the Old Shale Shawl (project page) with yarn from Knitcrate. It’s super lacy and he’s excited about it.
- Greg is working on a pair of Allons-y Socks (project page) with yarn from Knitcircus. The gradient yarn from Knitcircus is awesome to work with. In order to use the entirety of the gradient, he is knitting these socks toe-up. He’s using a 9″ circular needle for this sock and loving it.
- Greg is working on the Emelyn Mae Shawl (project page) by Jennifer Lassonde. He’s really enjoying the side-to-side construction of this shawl, as well as the mock i-cord edging.
- Greg received new issues of both Taproot and Rib, which he hasn’t had a chance to look at yet. Look forward to reviews in coming episodes.
- Podcasts We Mention
- Bodhrán — a small Irish frame drum
- Ukulele World Congress (UWC) — Joey had a great time again this year, and gathered several field recordings while he was there