Episode 22: Working Together
In Episode 22, Greg and Joey talk about bulky knitting, international shipping, and working together.
- We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
- Special thanks to our sponsor: Coveted Yarn! Coveted Yarn is a local yarn shop in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and is an authorized dealer of our favorite knitting needles: Karbonz, by Knitter’s Pride. In addition to a great variety of widely distributed yarn, Coveted Yarn offers their own signature line of yarn — Flat Rocks Yarn, which is dyed by the shop owner’s sister. You can also find McPorter Farms knitting accessories and buttons at Coveted Yarn. World-wide shipping is available. Contact them via their website or at 1-978-282-8809 for more information and to place an order.
- Joey’s Pussyhat made it to the DC march, and then went to Montana.
- Joey continues to work on a scarf for his son.
- Greg is working on his Halcyarn Socks (project page). First sock is complete, and he’s about 25% done with the leg of the second sock. He loves the contrasting cuffs, toes, and heels in black, but he hates weaving in the ends with black yarn. Yarn is custom-dyed by Dr. Kelly from the Ewe University podcast.
- Greg has converted his imaginary knitting to real-life knitting: the Sun Blossoms Cowl (project page) with amazing alpaca yarn from Fair Winds Farm.
- Greg resumed work on the Flower Cardigan (project page) that is he working on for his daughter.
- Greg started a Milo (project page) for a friend’s impending baby. He is knitting it Berroco Fiora, which he is really enjoying.
- Podcasts We Mention And Love